So to anyone who has some compatibility problems with the Sims 2 Utimate Collection, I suggest you go to that website: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
After following each step, my compatibility problems were completely solved, I have Windows 8.1 and my game now runs great!
urhotmess said: How do you make the flowers for the flower crown? like specifically what material is it? Its super cool and I want to make one I just don't know what I need.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
Don’t play dumb, even if they want you to.
Props to her for pointing out problematic behavior without putting down the women in general.
I’ve seen people complaining that she’s just doing the ‘not like other girls trope’ and no, I don’t think so. Maybe on the surface it can be read that way, but it’s a stretch.
I remember they did an episode of Oprah with Pink about this song and the audience was literally blocked full of young women with whom Pink did a q&a.
I’ll never forget one young girl who stood up and said ‘but what if guys don’t like me if I don’t act dumb?’
You could *SEE* Pink holding back the ‘then fuck ‘em, they’re not worth it’. She ended up giving a more gentle answer that boiled down that, but the moment stuck with me.
Pink isn’t condemning girls for wanting to be feminine. She isn’t condemning girls for liking to get their hair done or anything we consider ‘traditionally feminine’.
She’s going after an industry that infantilizes young women and teaches them their worth is in their cup size.
And, yes, she is calling out the women who go along with and enable it.
And that’s important. It’s all bad enough the way society the treats us, but to go along with it and, worse, teach young girls that this is what owning your sexuality looks like, giving control of it to old white men in suits…
We might not find it comfortable to hear it, but damn someone has to say it.
Disney’s The Jungle Book cast so far: Neel Sethi as Mowgli, Ben Kingsley as the voice of Bagheera, Lupita Nyong’o as the voice of Rakcha, Scarlett Johansson as the voice of Kaa and Idris Elba as the voice of Shere Khan (x x x x)
And not only is the cast amazing, but the film is going to be a mixture of live-action and animation (a-la Mary Poppins). Neel Seth (Mowgli),is going to be the only live-action actor and everyone else’s characters will be animated AND I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED.
Just please PLEASE let the script writers have read the book! Disney’s version was a total travesty, and I have been waiting my entire life for a faithful version!
SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION AND WINDOWS 8 HELP
As I’ve seen over my dashboard, a lot of people are experiencing the problems I was having with it not working - crashing in create a sim etc
WHAT I DID TO GET IT WORKING FOR ME:
upgrade your computer to windows 8.1, I cannot stress this enough. It’s free from the windows store and I only…
Not shipping the same ship as 95% of a fandom is a rough life
he trick to getting it to work without crashing all the time is running the compatibility troubleshooter and setting it to windows XP (will probably come up automatically under recommended settings)
IT WAS JUST A POSTER
BUT SOON WE’LL HAVE A TRAILER
AND PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS
AND THE MOVIE
And then we will have nothin…
Robin Thicke is unapologetic about how rapey ‘Blurred Lines’ is, meanwhile the dude who parodied it issues a public apology for one word.
And that is just one reason why I love Weird Al.It’s great that he’s addressed this but are we really supposed to believe that NO ONE during the extremely lengthy processes of writing a song, recording it, mastering it and animating the music video wouldn’t have brought it up?
Well, spastic isn’t really a slur in America. I didn’t know it was a slur until it was pointed out to me.
Yep — in the US it hasn’t been used for its original definition for so long, that most people don’t know its origins. “Spaz” or “spastic” is just thought to mean jerky or hyperactive. I only learned it online, only within the last few years, and I’ve only heard it actually talked about once or twice.
So yeah, presuming the entire production process happened in the US, it’s completely possible nobody had any idea the word was hurtful at all. And instead of hiding behind the “nobody means it like that” or “I didn’t know so it’s not my fault” excuses, Al immediately apologized as soon as it was brought to his attention. Class fuckin’ act.
Dude, someone explain to me how its offensive? Im honestly curious & never seen it used as a slur, Ive only ever used it & seen/heard it used to describe someone whose… Actually its hard to describe how its used Ive just grown up using it.
tumblr is currently a place for people not at comic-con to sit and wait for pictures of comic-con to be posted. then cry about how we are not at comic-con.
when McGonagall finds out that Ginny is pregnant, and that the Weasley and Potter bloodlines will converge, she marks on her calender the day the child will turn 11 and that is the day she retires
Miss The Sims 2? Here’s how to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection (PC only) for FREE!
- Get Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
- Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
- Launch Origin and log in.
- From the “Games” tab in the Origin menu, select ”Redeem Product Code” and enter the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
- Enjoy TS2 base game with all eight expansions and all ten stuff packs!
The first official posters for all three films
This makes me super excited, I loved Sims 2
RIIGHT?? totally get it now, girl! I loved the Sims 2 so much… I have the Sims 3 but, damn the Sims 2 was always fun and hilarious IT WAS ALWAYS SO CARTOONY AND ZANY
I wasn’t a big fan of how in Sims 3 it had set objectives, like my favorite part of Sims 2 was that I was completely free to do what I liked with my Sims.